Welcome to our blog! This blog is for our family and friends...we love each of you dearly and hope that this blog will keep you updated on our lives and family.



You are each a rich blessing to us.


" For in him we live, and move, and have our being." Acts 17:28



Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Conversation Hearts...

Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and I secretly love this time of year. Trips to Target and Hobby Lobby are laced with pink placemats and bubbly picture frames. Heart shaped dishes and red and pink dishtowels brighten our kitchen. Candy Conversation Hearts fill candy dishes with the sweet sentiments I often think about my boys, but could never tell them enough.





If I could, I would pack a “Miss You” candy heart in Jimmy’s lunch everyday … because I miss him terribly when we are apart. My heart is at peace when I hear the garage door open and I smile inside when I hear the sweetest words, “Hey guys, I’m home!” Jimmy is home to me and I cherish the quiet strength he brings to our family.


For that matter, Pearce needs a daily “Miss You” heart too. I miss this kiddo when he sleeps, I miss him when I take him to Miss Sheron’s, and I miss him when he is busy playing in the other room. His presence is life in our home and his laughter is the song that we want to keep on repeat.



Pearce also needs a “Sweet Pea” candy heart for every minute of everyday. Because that’s what he is: a sweetpea. He is the cutest pie in all the cutie pies of the world. His cheeks rock the “Chubby Bunny” look and his eyelashes ought to be featured on Maybelline commercials. I love to hear him sing and strum his guitar as he rambles jumbled lyrics and shakes his money maker.


And I would give Jimmy and Pearce both a “Me and You” message for each time I see the duo together. They are quite the pair. I love that Pearce shadows Jimmy’s every move…how I can often find Pearce’s shoes parked next to Jimmy’s in the closet. I love that Pearce wears his play glasses while Jimmy wears his real ones. And I adore how patient Jimmy is when he is trying to repair something as Pearce insists on helping daddy “fix sumthin” too. Jimmy often situates things just right so that Pearce can add the final touch and beam with pride at his handy-ness.





 

And lastly, I would share a “Smile” message with the rest of the world ...


 because that is exactly what I was doing when we saw this last week…





A strong heartbeat for our Baby Bean, due in September.

We are excited, and hopeful. While it is early, we wanted to share with you to ask for continued prayer over the growth and development of Baby Brann. Many of you have offered love and encouragement these past months and for that, we are so grateful.

I find it completely fitting that we announce this today, January 25th, otherwise known as our 2nd Baby Brann's due date. While Jimmy and I are saddened by our previous losses, we are so grateful for our gain.

 
"The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away;
may the name of the LORD be praised.”
Job 1:21




6 comments:

  1. Yay, yay, yay, yay, YAHOOOOOOOOO!!! I'm so happy for you guys! And I'm so glad I got to read this on my son's & husband's birthday! It makes the day that much brighter! :) Congrats, friend...I'll be lifting you up often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!!! I'll definitely be praying for you and your sweet, growing family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SOOOO Happy for you all!! Congratulations - I will be lifting you and baby Brann in prayer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brooke! I am so happy for you guys! I talked to Emily last night and she told me the wonderful news. I will keep you guys in my prayers! I also told her that I LOVE your blog! It is hysterical, well thought out, and so real! Congrats on Baby Brann and Cheers to me stocking your extremely entertaining Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!! I'm so excited for you guys!! I will definitely keep you in my prayers because I know how difficult the journey of pregnancy can be (at least for me it was). Also, the rest of your post totally made me laugh...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow! Congrats you guys. We will be saying prayers for your new addition and your continued healing.

    ReplyDelete