Welcome to our blog! This blog is for our family and friends...we love each of you dearly and hope that this blog will keep you updated on our lives and family.



You are each a rich blessing to us.


" For in him we live, and move, and have our being." Acts 17:28



Monday, April 5, 2010

Pearce the Person




Okay, many of you parents out there know what I am talking about when I say this:
How in the world did Pearce become a real person already?


I am not talking about the fact that he obviously exists...don't worry, I have known that for awhile. But I mean, I feel like we have blinked our eyes and we no longer have a baby on our hands...we have a real live person. I couldn't sleep last night so I started thinking about this weekend and how memorable his second Easter was. Rapid thoughts were running through my head as I started thinking about all he does and continues to do and I get teary-eyed just thinking about his precious nature.

 First, he loves his "Pops". We all got so tickled this weekend when Pops got to our house and Pearce ran to him and simply patted my dad over and over saying, "Pops, Pops, Pops." Except it sounds more like "Popcsh" with a little 'sh' at the end of the word. It's like he couldn't believe his eyes and wanted to make sure that everyone knew, (including himself) that this was, in fact, Pops.


Three Generations...

Pearce also adores his Papaw, my grandpa. We had the privilege of having Papaw stay the night with us Friday night and Pearce was in hog heaven. He happily walked between Pops and Papaw and gave them kisses galore! When he woke up Sunday morning, the first person he asked for was Papaw, then he went downstairs to the couch where Papaw had been sitting and patted the seat asking for him...so cute.

I was so proud when Pearce saw his Easter goodies yesterday. He smiled and stared at his basket and said, "whoaaaa, thank you" over and over. Each item he pulled out was greeted with a genuine, awestruck "whoaaaaaa". Seriously, where does he learn this stuff?


Our yummy Easter donuts...

I also love how he responds to others. I really think he is keeping some sort of secret from us and is planning to run for office soon. In public, Pearce greets each person we see with a sweet wave and a little, "hi". If someone dares ingnore him, Pearce continues to repeat "hi" until they politely reply. And when the mood strikes him, Pearce often blows kisses to people as we leave the store, gas station, whatever. This kid is awesome.

 He loves to do whatever "grown up thing" Jimmy and I are doing. I cannot remember when loading dishes in the dishwasher, driving to and fro, and cleaning up spills were such fun. But these are the things he often imitates and I am finding joy seeing them through his eyes. Recently, he wanted to do pushups with Jimmy...

Pearce also has a fascination with wiping his nose. I am always running around trying to catch his post nasal drip and he has caught on! Check out this pic of him wiping his nose during dinner one night...so proud!




And let me just show off a bit here: Pearce is an expert animal sound maker. For months, he has been impersonating his favorite animals. My favorites? LION, ELEPHANT, PUPPY, CAT, MONKEY, DUCK, and BIRDIE.

We are also getting oddly close to potty training. Pearce is not shy about telling us when he is wet or dirty. He even sometimes tells us right before he dirties his diaper. Last week he woke up from a nap and simply stated "Poopy". Then, he went and got a diaper, handed it to me, and laid down so I could change him. Again, he is a social genuis.

Okay, so here are some Easter pics....he rocked the JCrew style suit quite well and he knew it for sure.








Can you blame him?

2 comments:

  1. what a sweet post...its so precious seeing the way you view him and how you've seen him change these past couple months...he is a sweet child indeed and we are so blessed to have him as a part of our clan. love you sister.

    ReplyDelete