Welcome to our blog! This blog is for our family and friends...we love each of you dearly and hope that this blog will keep you updated on our lives and family.



You are each a rich blessing to us.


" For in him we live, and move, and have our being." Acts 17:28



Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Spring Fling

I have two favorite seasons: fall and spring. I have to admit that I am a bit of a disloyal person in that to me, neither spring nor fall have one advantage over the other. I will not choose sides...no... spring and fall will have to love eachother and accept my partial, but equal love for them. But, now it's springtime and that is what I want to write about today. 

I have a few loves in springtime and wanted to share them:

~ Thunderstorms. There is something so powerful, yet soothing about a spring storm. I love how the storm  bellows up to my doorstep to ruin my "to do list"... it is almost as if God is giving us permission to stay indoors, off the roads, and away from my chores to simply marvel at His power. Then He smiles and says, "Oh and by the way, here is a wonderful scent called "fresh rain" to enjoy while you rest."  Awesome.

~ Snowcones. At some point during the spring, snowcones reappear. I don't know that there is any rhyme or reason to the "springtime snowcone debut" but I sort of like the excitement of not knowing. I love driving  by the same, empty snowcone stand day after day and the joy of ...surprise!... The snowcone stand is open. I whip my car around for my very first Silverfox of the season and savor every last bite. So fun.

~ New Life. In spring, everything around us is blossoming. We just moved into this house and I love exploring all the new blooms each time we walk outside. Each plant, tree, and bush are like a present from nature just waiting to reveal itself. Here are some pics of our trees..


 We also get to celebrate the new life we have in Jesus Christ with Easter. What a wonderful way for God to remind us of His faithfulness each Easter season! The trees and bushes that once showed no sign of life are once again blooming in beauty! So cool.
And I have a new reason to celebrate new life in the spring...springtime is when my older sister, Beth told us she is pregnant! This fall, we will have another precious family member to love!!!

~ Claritin. Because let's face it, allergies are a booger.

One of the things I love about being a mom is that I get to see things through a whole new light and that is wonderful. I find myself watching Pearce and how he responds to the world around him and I am reminded how awesome everyday would be if I would just sit still long enough to enjoy it. We played outside today and a ladybug landed on Pearce's cheek! It was as if this little ladybug popped on over to say, "Hello Pearce! Welcome to my garden!" I watched for about five minutes as Pearce played, totally unaware of his new companion and when we finally acknowledged the bug, it flew away. I suppose they had a private conversation that ended with Pearce promising not to flood Ladybug's home with his new pirate water table. Either way, watching Pearce play was delightful.

I grabbed my camera and snapped a few pics....


Sweet boy longing for the outdoors...

No comments:

Post a Comment