Welcome to our blog! This blog is for our family and friends...we love each of you dearly and hope that this blog will keep you updated on our lives and family.



You are each a rich blessing to us.


" For in him we live, and move, and have our being." Acts 17:28



Saturday, October 30, 2010

DAY ONE

I am thankful for my husband.



I love how Jimmy loves the Lord. He has this spiritual integrity that is second to none and I love how he always desires to do what is good. He leads by example and seeks what is right. I cherish the encouragement, support, and graciousness he has provided me in these past seven years together.


I am thankful for Jimmy’s pursuit of me. From the time of our first date, he was very intentional with me and made those intentions clear. I never had to wonder how he felt, if he was going to call, or where he saw our relationship going. He always told me himself and has always kept his word. I am so thankful for the security I felt early on, and for the security I feel today.



I am thankful for his servant’s heart. For the entire nine months of my pregnancy, this sweet guy brought me apple juice and cereal in bed so I could get my heavy morning sickness out of the way. He never left my side while I heaved up everything within me. (And believe me, it wasn’t a pretty sight.) Jimmy still makes my breakfast and pours my morning coffee. I sometimes take these small acts of love for granted but they say so much about his heart.


I am thankful for his friendship. I love that he and I can laugh together for hours. He makes road trips, grocery shopping, and even house cleaning fun. He truly is the coolest partner around. Jimmy has quite the “freak flag” hidden behind his serious nature. I love it when he waives that flag proudly. And I also love that he laughs at my jokes. Because let’s face it, I think I am pretty funny myself.



I am thankful for the kind of father he chooses to be. He loves our boy with all his heart and his tenderness towards Pearce is so precious to watch. I have yet to see such patience, wisdom, and intent anywhere else. I love how he strives to be better with Pearce. His otherwise tidy nightstand is stacked with books about fathering, Godly discipline, and raising our boy to be a gentleman. He takes his role as daddy so seriously, and like many things he does: he sets a very high standard.

Thank you Lord for such a kind and loving husband.

2 comments:

  1. I would love it more if you expanded on the freak flag by posting pictures from Julie's birthday party..:)

    We love you Jim and The Drakes are grateful for you too.

    ReplyDelete