Welcome to our blog! This blog is for our family and friends...we love each of you dearly and hope that this blog will keep you updated on our lives and family.



You are each a rich blessing to us.


" For in him we live, and move, and have our being." Acts 17:28



Saturday, November 6, 2010

DAY EIGHT

I am thankful for the comforts of home.



In the midst of all that life brings, isn't it wonderful to have a place called home? A place where you can be yourself, walk around in your torn up Gap PJ pants, and strut your ever-so-wonderful bed head. I love home and I am so grateful for the comfort I find in our home.

Last night Jimmy and I flipped our mattress and put on clean sheets. It was nice and cold in our room so I was eager to jump into bed. After a few minutes of swooshing my feet around the sheets to warm them, I was settled. The newly flipped mattress was an amazing comfort and I sort of felt like I was laying on a cloud or something. (not exaggerating about that one). Anyhow, as I lay there in my cozy bed I began to think about those who don't have it so good. All too often, I am blissfully unaware of the reality that so many go without...but last night I was acutely aware.

And I was grateful.

I began to think about all material and comfortable things I take for granted and thought they would be a perfect topic for today's post.

I am grateful for clean sheet day. I love the feeling of crisp, clean sheets on my toes.

I am grateful for a hot shower on a cold day. I feel blessed that showering is a commodity I get to enjoy daily.

I am thankful for our soft leather couch and the warm sweatshirt blanket I have to wrap up in. They make movies that much more enjoyable.

I am thankful for our vacuum and the way I can simply make a spill or dirt track disappear. Life is so easy sometimes.

I am thankful for our air conditioner and heater. Because no matter what the weather is doing outside, we are comfortable and that is something to be grateful for.

I am thankful for the space we enjoy in our home. I love that Pearce has his own little room where he knows he belongs. We have places where we spend family time, and of course places to play. It is so nice to have space for each of us.

I am thankful for our fridge that we are able to keep full of food to nourish our family. We are blessed to always have enough.

I am thankful for the laundry that I often dread folding. Because clean laundry means we have clothes on our backs...and the luxury of a machine to wash and dry them for us.

There are a million other things I could list off, but these are the ones that stand out right now. Sometimes when my friends and I get together we all like to sit and gab about all the frustrations of keeping a house, doing laundry, cooking, etc. I don't know that I have a right to complain anymore. Because isn't it enough that we have a house? Or better yet, a home?

Lord, thank you for the blessing of our home. Thank you for simple things like a bed to sleep in, a roof over our head, and food to eat. You are our Provider and I am so thankful for all Your hand has given us.


No comments:

Post a Comment