Welcome to our blog! This blog is for our family and friends...we love each of you dearly and hope that this blog will keep you updated on our lives and family.



You are each a rich blessing to us.


" For in him we live, and move, and have our being." Acts 17:28



Sunday, November 7, 2010

DAY NINE

I am thankful for caregivers.



This morning I worked the nursery at church and got to be with the cutie 'walkers' class. It was so sweet to watch how happy and joyful the sweeties were during class. They played, we sang, had a snack, we colored, and then we had a Bible story. As I sat there with the little ones, I began to realize how cool it is that we are showing them the love of Christ at such a young age. It made me think about all the Sundays I nonchalantly drop Pearce off at Sunday School so Jimmy and I can go to church. I totally take that opportunity for granted so today I want to be thankful for all the caregivers out there.

I am thankful for Miss Sheron. On weekdays when I work, we take Pearce to her home and he is so happy there. I love that she cares enough to add an extra special touch to each day. Pearce looks forward to visits from the Music Lady, the Firemen, and the Tumblebus. She genuinely loves the kiddo and I love how secure he feels there. She is like a nana to him and I feel blessed to have found her. No matter how much a mom loves her job, leaving your kiddo during the day is difficult. Knowing that Pearce is being loved on and cared for makes my days at work so much easier.

I am thankful that we have family members who love to keep Pearce. Their generosity has afforded Jimmy and I date nights and much needed weekends away. I love that Pearce gets to spend time with his extended family and gets to be with them on a regular basis. I remember when Pearce was a newborn my mom and sisters would insist that they get up with Pearce during the night so I could get some solid sleep and so they could have alone time with him. Those nights were so precious to me and it warmed my hear that they loved Pearce that much. It truly takes a village to raise a child and I am grateful for our village of family members.

I am grateful for all the volunteers and staff members at church. Each Sunday Jimmy and I have the privilege of attending church and Sunday School together. Some weeks, that is our only opportunity for quiet time together. I am thankful that we can leave Pearce in the little toddler class and know that he is being loved on, played with, and cared for. We seriously treasure our Sundays at church and I am so grateful for those that care for Pearce.

Thank you Jesus for blessing us with wonderful caregivers. Whether it's during the week, on Sundays, or time with family you have always provided someone special to love on our boy. Thank you for that.

1 comment:

  1. I still haven't left Elliott in the nursery at church, but I know it will be nice to be able to fully concentrate on a sermon when I do! It is definitely such a blessing to have people love on your kid.

    ReplyDelete