Welcome to our blog! This blog is for our family and friends...we love each of you dearly and hope that this blog will keep you updated on our lives and family.



You are each a rich blessing to us.


" For in him we live, and move, and have our being." Acts 17:28



Thursday, November 18, 2010

DAY NINETEEN

I am thankful for my job. 

 Being a working mom is never an easy task. In fact, making the choice to continue my career was a tough decision but my company has consistently supported my need for balance and for that, I am grateful. I get to work part time and still be with my sweet boy. That is such a blessing.  I totally take it for granted that I work for a great company, with great people, and for a product I believe in.

So let me start with my co-workers. They simply crack me up, while at the same time, I respect them. The cast of characters you will find at our company meetings are certainly worth mentioning. My co-workers are sharp, motivated individuals who are always willing to share ideas and help a girl out. I am grateful that even on the worst days, I have friends at work. I also work with the dearest group of agents. They are not only my agents, but they too have become my friends and confidants. They came to the hospital when Pearce was born, sent meals after my car accident, and have loved on me through our miscarriages. I have been blessed by these relationships in so many ways.

I am thankful for the material benefits of my job. I have a company car and that has been such a blessing for Jimmy and I. I started working for Chubb right before Jimmy's paid off, older car had seen better days. We knew that a replacement was in our future...we just didn't know when. I am thankful for the Lord's providence over our lives and for bringing us this opportunity at just the right time.  I am thankful that I have gotten to visit some great places through my career with Chubb. Business trips have taken me to places like New Orleans, Park City, Austin, New York City, and Tampa Bay. While being away from home is never easy, seeing different places have always made the trips easier.

And I am thankful that I even have a job in this economy. We always have enough and the Lord has continued to provide for our lives. I have a job...that I enjoy. I work with great people. I am so grateful.

Lord, thank you for providing me the opportunity to work. Thank you for the friendships, lessons, and opportunities my career has afforded our family. Thank you for leading me to a company that supports my need to be with Pearce. You are so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment