Welcome to our blog! This blog is for our family and friends...we love each of you dearly and hope that this blog will keep you updated on our lives and family.



You are each a rich blessing to us.


" For in him we live, and move, and have our being." Acts 17:28



Friday, November 19, 2010

DAY TWENTY

I am thankful for praise and worship music.


 

I am thankful for the way praise and worship speaks to my heart. I love that I can be having a rough morning and be lifted by a song. I love that my good days are made better by joyful music. And I love that there is a consistent comfort in familiar worship music. The Lord speaks to me often through such music and I am so grateful for that.

Here's the deal: I am not a great singer. I can carry a tune in a bucket, but that is the extent of this gal's vocal endeavors. But I love to sing. If I could ask the Lord for one talent, it would be singing because I always love to hear the music of others. And I often try to imitate that music. But I will never be able to sing in front of a crowd. In fact, some of my best singing is done in the shower where the running water muffles my vocals.  I love that my imperfect vocals still make a joyful noise to the Lord.

I am thankful for my iPod and the fact that I can shuffle my praise and worship music to mix it up. Praise and worship often puts my heart in the right place.  Car rides pass more quickly. Long days are suddenly shortened. And cleaning house becomes less of a chore.

And I love the truth that Pearce has learned through praise and worship. Did you know that kiddo can say hallelujah? Pretty special. The Drake's got Pearce a personalized praise CD for his second Christmas...we listen to this alot. The music actually has his name in it and he loves hearing "Jesus Loves Pearce". He is two, and knows Jesus loves him. The joy that brings my heart is more than I could have imagined. We often rock out to his little CD and I am grateful that there is music out there for little ears to hear.

Lord, thank you for the blessing of worship to You. Thank you for the talent of others and for their calling to spread Your Word through music. Thank you for allowing me to live in place where I am free to sing to you whenever I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment