Welcome to our blog! This blog is for our family and friends...we love each of you dearly and hope that this blog will keep you updated on our lives and family.



You are each a rich blessing to us.


" For in him we live, and move, and have our being." Acts 17:28



Saturday, November 20, 2010

DAY TWENTY-ONE

I am thankful that I have so much to be thankful for.


When I first began this "Thankfulness Commitment", I honestly worried that I would be grasping for straws as I found new things to write about. Friends and family have also asked me if it is difficult to think of what each day's topic will be, and the answer surprised me. It has been exceptionally easy for me to come up with each day's thankfulness topic. Each day, The Lord has laid something new on my heart. And that is what I write about. In fact, I sort of find myself scrambling and wishing I had added something else to my list. In retrospect, this 21 days could've easily been 31 days, or 51, or any other number of blessings I allow myself to acknowledge. The truth is: we are all blessed in so many ways. It is the measure that we use to count these blessings that sets us apart. I know people who have very little, but are so grateful. I know others who have much, yet are discontent. And I have often bounced from one side of the fence to the other.

My prayer is that these past 3 weeks will be the start of a new chapter in my life...one of a grateful heart. As I wrap up this endeavor, I have to smile at all the sweet things the Lord has brought to my heart. While we still live in world of hurt and loss, I have so much gain.

And for that, I am thankful.

Lord, thank you for speaking to my heart these past weeks. Your blessings overflow and while I often forget to say it, thank you. You are so good to me.

1 comment:

  1. This is by far your most beautiful post! :)

    ReplyDelete