Welcome to our blog! This blog is for our family and friends...we love each of you dearly and hope that this blog will keep you updated on our lives and family.



You are each a rich blessing to us.


" For in him we live, and move, and have our being." Acts 17:28



Thursday, November 11, 2010

DAY THIRTEEN

I am thankful for the change of seasons.



I love that we live in a place where I get to experience the change of seasons. There is something sort of exciting about a change in temperature, landscape, and time of year. I am often giddy with anticipation as I wait for the change to come.

I am thankful for winter. I love the way cold weather arrives so crisply to our town. One day I am in a light jacket, and the next I need a scarf and coat. I love the smell of winter. Fresh burning fireplaces and cold air from the south are the scents I look to announce winter's arrival. Winter also symbolizes the upcoming holiday season. Christmas's decor is suddenly everywhere and football games feel the way the should. The scent of warm chili fills our home and Nestle hot chocolate makes its way from the back of our pantry.



But after a few months of staying indoors, we are ready for spring. I love the way the trees bloom in our yard. Thunderstorms roll up to our doorstep and nourish the new life around us. Spring means we get to play outside again and hot cocoa is replaced by warm tea. It represents the preview to summer break and kiddos are giddy with "schools out" excitement. Easter is around the corner and the ever important task of finding an Easter outfit begins. I am thankful for the cool, yet sun-warmed days that spring brings.

I am thankful that we get to relish in summer.  Family cookouts and trips to the snow cone stand are frequent in summer. A bowl of ice cream after dinner is totally acceptable and a large glass of ice water quenches at its best during summer. Trips to the pool and kiddos smelling of sunscreen are everywhere you look. And let's not forget how thankful I am to wear flip flops in the summer. I love my Rainbow flip flops and in summer, I wear them every single day. And I make no apologies because it is summer.


I am thankful for fall. I will never understand how the trees change so beautifully in the fall. I like to find the unique colors that only trees can produce. I love the cool, fall breeze and evenings in our driveway while Pearce rides his tricycle. I am thankful for football games with the family and taco soup on a cool evening.I am thankful for the joy that Christmas season brings.  

Lord, thank you for the change in seasons. Thank you for the unique beauty each new season brings and for the little things we look forward to with each change.

No comments:

Post a Comment