Welcome to our blog! This blog is for our family and friends...we love each of you dearly and hope that this blog will keep you updated on our lives and family.



You are each a rich blessing to us.


" For in him we live, and move, and have our being." Acts 17:28



Friday, November 5, 2010

DAY SEVEN

I am thankful for the medical profession.



Last night was a rough night at the Brann household. In fact, it reminded me of the sleepless nights here, circa 2008. It all started at 11:30 - ish and just went downhill from there. Jimmy and I rotated shifts with Pearce all stinking night long. And to make the evening more fun? I never went to sleep before that.  I am a firm believer in early bedtimes. I love to look at the clock and know that I have 10 hours of shut eye to relish. But last night I was wired and decided to watch Glee...until 11pm.

Fast  forward to 4 am and a couple of desperate parents. I did something I have never done and will probably never do again ... I put Pearce in bed with us. Gasp! But at this point, I was convinced my head might fall straight off my body if I didn't get some rest so I figured some 'rules' just need to be broken. An hour later I woke up to a little person kicking me. crying for his stick, and a wet sheet. Hummm. Pearce's beloved drumstick had gracefully fallen under our bed and Pearce's "guaranteed" overnight diaper had leaked...all over my side of the bed. Needless to say, our sheets are in the washer and I am a walking sleep study. 

Anyhow, I tell this story because last night as I laid in bed praying that Pearce would go to sleep, I was also so eager for morning to come so I could call the doctor. Pearce likes to sleep just as much as his mama and I knew our boy was not well. After a same-day appointment victory, we learned the sweetie has an ear infection...in both ears. Lovely. So I high-tailed it to Walgreen's for our antibiotic and as i sat there in the car, I was overcome with relief and hope in knowing that the medication would soon be healing our boy, and also our sleepless nights. Again, I take this for granted but we are so blessed!

I am so grateful for God's healing through the miracle of modern-day medicine.

Sweet Harper is home now... still weeks before her actual due date. I believe that the Lord carried her into this world and strategically placed the right doctors and nurses in her life to care for her. That is so cool.

I have been struggling with depression lately and while I don't believe in masking an illness, I am so grateful for the assistance medication has provided us. My doctor insisted I be on Zoloft to get through this season if our lives and I am so glad he did.

I feel blessed that we live in a time and place when we can call the doctor, go to the ER, or visit an after hours clinic when something is just not right. And most of the time, we leave with a solution to our ailment. I am thankful for that.

I am not sure that I put this as eloquently or clearly as I would like, however Pearce is napping and I plan to snooze some as well. Here's to sleeping again...

Lord, thank you for equipping those in the medical profession with the minds and ability to diagnose and treat our earthly illnesses. We recognize that any healing is from you and I thank you for the avenue we have in the medical profession.

2 comments:

  1. I love early bedtimes to so this sounds like pure torture! And I think rules definitely need to be broken at times. I'm impressed that was the 1st time you let him sleep in your bed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Sweet Brooke! I am LOVING your posts and finding such joy and strength through them. You are one AMAZING chicka and I am so blessed to know you (and have known you since we were wee little kiddos!). Praying for you and your precious family and know that I am always here for you. And if you ever need a ride home from school, I'm your girl. Hee Hee. LOVE YOU BROOKE!

    ReplyDelete