Welcome to our blog! This blog is for our family and friends...we love each of you dearly and hope that this blog will keep you updated on our lives and family.



You are each a rich blessing to us.


" For in him we live, and move, and have our being." Acts 17:28



Monday, November 8, 2010

DAY TEN

I am thankful for cameras.

The Christmas pic that rocked the world.


This weekend Jimmy and I watched Toy Story 3 with Pearce. We didn’t get to finish the movie with him as he is like most two year olds: distracted. So after Little Britches went to bed, we decided to watch the rest. And you know what? We both cried.

We were so touched by the end scenes when Andy is going off to college and his mom hugs him, and says, “…I wish I could always be with you.” Because that is totally how we feel about Pearce. We are enamored with this little kid and my heart physically aches at the thought of Pearce going off to kindergarten, high school, and then college. I wish I could always be with Pearce. I feel like we simply blinked, and he grew right before our eyes. While I try my best to document and remember the charming things Pearce says, I know these things will not stay with me forever. And that’s okay… because some day we will be able to look back on the precious memories of raising our boy. And while we may not remember every specific detail about every single cute incident, we will remember the feelings those incidents provoked.

My first time holding Pearce.


And for many of those memorable times, we will have pictures to smile at. What a blessing.

Pearce's first snow.

 
I am so thankful that we live in a time when taking pictures of our families is so easy. I have a tendency to leave my camera on our kitchen counter - just in case. Just in case Pearce does something I cannot afford to forget, in case he smiles his perfect little “I know something you don’t know” smile, and in case I am given the opportunity to capture a moment in this crazy thing we call ‘life’. I often forget how lucky I am to have a great camera at my fingertips.


I will never forget how happy he was here!
So I can remember his outstanding "bed head".

We have thousands of pictures and those images are more than just pictures to us. They are moments of our life together … documented in a crazy and mis-matched sort of manner. I love that. I look at our pictures often and they always bring a smile to my face. I can close my eyes and drift back to the moment those images were taken. Often times, I swear it almost feels as though I am traveling back in time and I never wanna leave.


Reading his Bible with a potty on his head.
 I don’t have a perfect album. I don’t have scrapbooks. And I don’t have a detailed journal of all the wonderful things Pearce says and does. But I have pictures. And I am so grateful.


His sweet smile.

Lord, thank you for your creativity and for blessing the minds of those who created cameras and film. Thank you for all the wonderful moments we try desperately to capture. You are so good.

2 comments:

  1. I love this post too! It really touched my heart. You're doing so well.

    ReplyDelete